1) This week I made a batch of our homemade Febreze to give the curtains and carpets a nice little refresh.It really is lovely and refreshing and is a great alternative to the shop bought versions which cost a lot more than my budget version!
Make your own here.
2) This week I cancelled Miss Frugal’s mobile phone contract and switched to a great PAYG deal with EE. For £15 every 30 days she’ll get 4GB data, unlimited texts and 250 minutes. Her current contract is £23.99 a month so that’s a saving of £8 a month for double the data and believe me, that girl can get through data!
3) I got so excited when we went to Morrisons this week as they had a clearance section in their seasonal aisle that had some amazing bargains in it! They had bottles of the Robinsons double concentrate no added sugar fruit squash reduced to 15p each! They don’t expire until June next year so I bought 10 (there were plenty left for others) and put back the one bottle that I’d picked up when we were in the juice aisle. Can you believe I got 10 bottles for 50p less than I was going to pay for one?
4) We haven’t spent any money on trips out this week as we’re saving all of our pennies for the last few weeks of the holidays when we have a LOT of things planned in. That’s not to say that we’ve stayed in or that we haven’t had fun but it does mean that everything we’ve done has been free (apart from petrol for a couple of trips). We’ve been to the beach, the park, the woods, a local museum and had a good few long walks with the dog and it’s been lovely. I’m off work ill at the moment and the doctor told me to get out and walk as often as possible so this week has been great for me although we can’t go far from home as I do get tired reasonably quickly and car journeys are a bit uncomfortable as I can’t really move about too much.
5) We’ve been quite crafty this week but in quite a practical way if you know what I mean – we’ve made flower headdresses for the festival we’re planning on visiting at the end of the month, I’ve finished my rag wreath (which I’ll be sharing soon) and we’ve got plans to do something amazing with a empty Pringles tube later on this afternoon.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peek….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio