I’m so pleased it’s Friday!
After another very long and tiring week, I’m not sure if I actually five frugal things to share with you, let’s see if I can make it to five….
1) I bought some bags of pre-prepared veg from Tesco reduced section this week reduced to 23p a pack. I managed to make four portions of my favourite spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup and the rest was used to make a super quick casserole in the slow cooker. I just added the veg, two chicken stock cubes some leftover chicken and a bit of boiling water and popped it on high for two and a half hours.
2) It was Master Frugal’s Birthday this week and he was desperate for a Birthday party at the local trampoline park but the cost of that would have been £180 as there’s a minimum number of people you can invite! We invited 8 friends, took them all ourselves in two cars and paid around than half that so I’m counting that as frugal. 😉
In all honesty, it was more than we were planning to pay but they’re such a good group of lads and they’re all going their separate ways at the end of this school year so it was a pleasure to see them having so much fun together. Master Frugal had such a great Birthday that it was totally worth it!
3) Miss Frugal has been wanting to replace her bedside cabinet for ages now as it’s ‘babyish’! To be fair, it was an ugly pine and pale pink creation and I can totally get why she would want to replace it but I don’t want to be paying out every time she wants something new. So instead of buying a new one, we used the leftover spray paint from the table we made over last weekend and we turned this….
Into this much more glamorous bedside cabinet….
I’ll tell you how we did it in more detail but it took no time at all, cost very little and looks amazing!
4) I made a special trip to Tesco this week to stock up on my favourite frozen mixed veg!
It costs 89p for a big bag and the veg is in such small pieces that it’s perfect for adding to practically everything I cook! Honestly, it’s the most used ingredient in my kitchen I think as a handful or two goes in everything from stews to risottos and from curries to fritatta! It’s great to bulk out your meals and to get some extra veg in to your family. I’ve written about everything I use it for here and if you’re passing Tesco, I strongly recommend trying it for yourself.
5) Buddy’s just had his Summer haircut and we used the same lovely lady who I wrote about last time. I’m so pleased we found her because she’s not only brilliantly priced at just £15 for everything (half the price of a normal bichon frise cut) but she also comes to our house to do it. She loves Buddy and he feels the same about he although he still hides when it’s time to be cut.
Today she even bought him a cuddly toy as a treat! He’s looking very short at the minute but that’s because I asked for that rather than the usual full on bichon cut as we’re coming up to the warm weather and he gets so hot bless him!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio