The super-easy cheesy potato soup recipe is my new favourite soup recipe!
Honestly, this is the most AMAZING soup – everyone in my house loved it and that doesn’t happen often! 😉
I made it almost by mistake a few weeks ago when I found some spring onions and potatoes on offer in Tesco a few weeks ago – I had a vague plan of making some sort of potato soup but version one was a bit plain so I added the cheese and discover the best soup known to mankind*!
*OK, this may be a slight exaggeration. Or it may not, you won’t know until you try it.
- 600g potatoes (peeled or unpeeled), chopped into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 chicken, ham or veg stock cubes
- 1 -2 handfuls of cheese, grated
- If you're making this in the soupmaker, add all of your ingredients (except for the cheese) into the soup maker and top up with boiling water to the 1600ml line. If your making it in a pan then add them all into a large pan and add in around 700-800ml of water. Season well.
- Switch the soupmaker to 'smooth' and set it away or if you're going for the pan method, gently simmer the ingredients until they're cooked through and tender. You'll need to blend the ingredients in the pan with a stick blender but be really careful as it's obviously hot.
- Stir the grated cheese through your soup, reserving a little bit for garnish. I also garnished mine with some spring onion just because I had some in.
A medium-sized potato weighs around 150g so 4 would be perfect.
I used Red Leicester cheese which is why my soup is particularly orange - a normal mild cheddar would be less colourful.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.
Why not pin my Easy peasy cheesy potato soup recipe for later: