Last week I mentioned that I’d made some lemon and blueberry muffins using some reduced fruit that I’d bought at the supermarket near me and I had a few requests for the recipe I used so I thought I’d share it with you today….
Lemon and Blueberry Muffins
- In a large mixing bowl give the flour and the sugar a quick mix.
- In a jug whisk the egg, milk and oil together.
- Pour the liquid mix into the bowl with the flour and sugar along with the zest of 1 lemon and the juice of half of the lemon.
- Give it a good old stir together – I hate this bit so I cheated today and used my electric mixer. Don’t worry if it’s a bit lumpy as long as there’s no actual clumps of sugar or flour then you’ll be OK as muffins are more forgiving than cupcakes.
- Add in a couple of handfuls of blueberries and stir them in so they’re evenly(ish) distributed through the muffin batter.
- Spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle each one with a little bit of sugar.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at around 190 c for 20-25 minutes.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.