Christmas isn’t just about presents (no matter what your teenager might try and tell you), it’s about spending time together and having fun so today I’m sharing our 24 days or Christmas Family Frugal Fun.
Life tends to get very busy for us all in the run-up to Christmas so I try to make sure that we do at least one thing together as a family every day. Last year our lovely alternative advent calendar helped us to do this but this year I’m planning something different for our advent calendars so I’ve written a list of 24 Days of Christmas Frugal Family Fun which we’ll print out and stick on the fridge.
We probably won’t do these in order but we will try and get through them all before the big day comes!
Over the years I’ve written about us doing lots of the things I’ve shared here on my list so I’ve added links to the things I’ve shared below and hopefully, I’ll add some more this year as we work our way through them all….
1. Make snowman soup
2. Have a family games night
3. Invite an old friend for tea
4. Have fun making tree decorations
5. Go carol singing
6. Make a Christmas Bird Feeder
7. Make some homemade fudge
8. Make your own Christmas cards
9. Watch a Christmas movie together
10. Make some Christmas crackers
11. Make some pom poms to hang around the house
12. Make a Christmas treasure hunt
13. Make some loaded hot chocolate
14. Do some random acts of kindness
15. Wrap presents together
16. Go to the garden centre
17. Make reindeer dust (pet friendly)
18. Make a Christmas wreath together
19. Have a family ‘camp out’ round tree
20. Bake cookies for your neighbours
21. Go for a walk to see the Christmas lights
22. Make a gingerbread house
23. Make a popcorn garland
24. Open your Christmas Eve presents
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.