Miss Frugal has gone avocado mad lately and would have Avocado toast for every meal if I let her. When we found ourselves with a bit of an avocado overload last weekend, we decided to switch it up a bit and make avocado brownies!
First of all, I want to tell you how we ended up with so many avocados because we all know that they’re not a particularly cheap thing to buy. Morrisons have started selling wonky fruit and vegetables and I found a pack of wonky avocados which had about five for £1.56 so I bought a pack but forgot we already had a two pack at home.
We’ve been meaning to try these brownies for ages but we just couldn’t get our heads around the idea of putting avocado into a chocolate brownie but I’m so pleased we did because they were amazing….
What you need to make Avocado Brownies
150g soft brown sugar
100g melted dark chocolate
100g melted milk chocolate
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 cap of vanilla essence
60g self-raising flour
100g cocoa powder
2 ripe avocados – it’s very important that you can mush the avocado so it needs to be very ripe
Pre-heat the oven to around 180c
- Melt the dark and milk chocolate together in the microwave using 15-second blasts.
- Cream together the brown sugar and the eggs until they’re light and fluffy.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the sugar and egg mixture and beat it in until it’s combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and the flour along with the vanilla and the bicarbonate of soda and mix in until it’s smooth.
- Finally, add the mashed avocado and mix that in thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased baking tray (I usually use mine which is 8inces by 8 inches) and pop in the oven for around 30-35 minutes.
If you liked this recipe for yummy avocado brownies you can save it to your own recipe box if you use Yummly – just click on the YUM icon at the bottom of this post.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram