It’s been a bit of a busy week here this week but I’ve still had time to save some money – I even managed to make a bit of extra money as well….
- I’m not sure if it’s a new thing or not but my latest energy bill has a section on that tells me what I would be paying on each of my suppliers tariffs. I noticed it when I got my bill earlier in the week as it said that there was a new online tariff that would save me some money so I rang them and changed over. I do review my energy suppliers every six months or so to make sure I’m on a good deal but I was really pleased that my supplier was actually telling me how to save money with them without having to switch!
- We had a no spend day on Sunday where everything that we did was free – we went to the beach and paddled in the sea, we went for a long walk in the woods, played on the trampoline in the garden and played some board games.
- I made a giant match of homemade tomato sauce and portioned it up to go in the freezer. We use it as a pasta sauce, as the tomato base for home made pizzas, tuna pasta bake sauce – the possibilities are endless so it’s always good to have some in the freezer ready to use.
- I’ve listed and sold a couple of things on eBay this week. We had a big sort out of Miss Frugal’s wardrobe and there’s lots of Summer dresses from last year that she’s outgrown so we put them on and sold them for a few pounds each.
- I made the most of some early evening sun and sat in the garden with my Kindle reading one of the free books I’ve downloaded. You might not see this as being particularly frugal but I love reading and my Kindle was a bit of a treat to myself last year. I read a lot and our local library is quite small so I’ve pretty much made my way through their books so I was forever hunting round charity shops and at boot sales for new books.
What about you, what have you been up to that’s saved you some money?