1. I am not, and never will be one of those sophisticated types who eats Sushi for lunch. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!
2. It’s probably best not to get your car serviced by a garage next to a river during the rainy season just in case the river floods and the garage has to be evacuated leaving you stranded without your car until the garage reopens. This was my car when I finally got to pick it up after three days without it!
3. If you do happen to be without your car during the above mentioned rainy season and have to get the train to work, it’s highly likely that your feet will get so wet that you literally have to pour water out of them when you reach your destination! This is highly likely to make you feel very sorry for yourself and want to eat cake and drink wine.
4. If you don’t happen to have cake and wine in the house, chocolate digestives and Advocaat will do the job almost as well. Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that.
5. The level of energy that I actually have seems to be directly linked to the level of energy that my children need me to have. The rare days that I can’t be bothered to even move off the settee seem to be the days when they both suddenly need me to do everything with them. Tonight we’ve done homework, I’ve listened to them read, baked cakes for school, hunted out raffle prizes for school, chosen school disco outfits – I’ve even had a request to have a ‘practice curl’ of Miss Frugal’s hair so she can see if she wants to wear it curly for the disco on Friday!
How can it possibly only be Wednesday????