With the new Minions movie due to hit the cinemas at the end of next month I thought I’d share some cute little minion bath bombs that you can make at home with your little minion fans!
What you need to make super cute minion bath bombs.
1 12 cup mini muffin silicone mold
1 cup baking soda
1 cup citric acid
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup coconut oil
10-12 drops lemon essential oil
2-3 drops yellow food coloring
Despicable Me sugar decorations (Try your supermarket, eBay or these from Amazon – affiliate link)
How to make super cute minion bath bombs….
1. Preheat your oven to 140°.
2. Add the baking soda, cornstarch, coconut oil, citric acid, lemon essential oil and yellow coloring into a glass or metal bowl. Stir until well incorporated. The mixture should resemble the consistency of sand.
3. Transfer the bath bomb mixture into your mold and press down as hard as you can. The harder you press, the more likely the bath bomb is to make it out of the mold in one piece!
4. Put the silicone mold on a baking tray and pop it in the oven. Then you need to turn the preheated oven OFF and leave the mold in the oven for 1 hour, keeping the door closed. This is harder than you’d think with children who are desperate to check on their little minion friends.
5. Remove the silicone mold from the oven and immediately place a minion sugar decoration on top of each bath bomb, pressing it down firmly.
6. Allow the bath bombs to cool in their molds for 2 hours before very very carefully popping each bath bomb out of its mold. It’s at this point that you’ll be super grateful that you’re using a silicone mold.
7. Leave the minion bath bombs to air dry over night and then store them in a mason jar or other glass, airtight container.
8. When you’re ready to use one of a minion bath bomb in your bath, just drop one in the arm water and enjoy the fresh and energizing scent of lemon and the moisturizing coconut oil as it fizzes away.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.