This month hasn’t been the best month for us and to be quite honest, there’s been a couple of times when I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Master Frugal didn’t get into his first choice school even though his sister goes there already which turns out to be an error as they didn’t take that into account due to missing paperwork but even knowing that, the school is so over subscribed that I have to appeal to see if he can have a place! That and the fact my lovely Dad had a fall which shattered his hip and meant he’s been in hospital for the last two weeks recovering (slowly) from a hip replacement AND the various tummy bugs we’ve all had have meant that I’ve really needed to focus on the small things this month to keep myself sane!
Here’s a few of the small things that have been making made me smile this month….
- After some very lovely loveliness from Miss Frugal, I decided that I was going to celebrate Mother’s Day this year for the first time since my Mum died and I’m so pleased I did as the kids made a huge effort to show me just how much they loved me. It was a lovely day topped off with some gorgeous presents like this little beauty….
- Can you believe that two days after being given my lovely new Michael Kors watch for Mother’s Day I won an Apple watch at work for something I’d done at work. It was a pretty big deal at work and I’m quite proud of myself and very happy to be the owner of a lovely new Apple Watch. Before Mother’s Day, I hadn’t worn a watch in years and then I ended up with two in as many days! I’m not actually a fan of the Apple Watch so I doubt you’ll see me with that on at any point in the future but still, it made me feel amazing to win it.
- My new freezer has made me very happy, probably happier than a new freezer should make me but there you go. I get so much satisfaction from seeing it full of lovely home cooked (mostly Slimming World friendly) meals and I’ve had some great fun cooking away in the kitchen to fill it.
- I’m finally getting around to some jobs I’ve been wanting to do for a while now and I have some pretty big DIY projects planned for the long Bank Holiday weekend. I can’t wait to get started on them all!
- We’ve had some great family times this month which has been brilliant and just what I needed. My favourite was last Saturday night when we went to the shop to buy the Countdown board game as a treat (the kids love doing the maths bit) but ended up coming home with Pie Face which is HILARIOUS! It’s currently selling for £10.78 on Amazon and I could not recommend it more for some family fun although be aware that it can get a little messy. (That’s my affiliate link if you’re thinking of buying it;-))
- Miss Frugal bought me another beautiful camera money box this month so now I have two – does that make it a collection yet?
- I’m still on Slimming World although it’s going a lot slower than I’d like it too! The good thing is that I’m not beating myself up over the moments where it goes a bit wrong which is where I’ve gone wrong in the past and ultimately, it’s what’s stopped me from getting to my goal.
What’s made you happy lately?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Angie Makes