I don’t know about you but I find Monday mornings are the hardest morning of the whole week, especially when it’s still dark outside when we’re waking up! The kids definitely seem to be grouchier and harder to get out of bed on a Monday and I always ending up hitting that snooze button one time too many on a Monday which leaves me feeling no less tired and if anything, more grumpy than I would have been as I’ve had more time in bed to think about how much I hate Mondays!
Last week was worse than usual as I was feeling ill on the Sunday night so I relied on the kids to get everything ready for the following morning which turned out to be a huge mistake! I still wasn’t feeling amazing the next morning and I was running round sorting out things they should have done the night before as well as getting myself ready for work.
This morning hasn’t been so bad because we were pretty organised and all went to bed a bit earlier than usual last night bet even so, I still have it in my head that I hate Mondays!
To help cheer myself up a bit, I’ve been trying to think of a few things that might help make Monday mornings seem slightly less miserable. I’m not going to lie, there’s not a lot of love out there for Monday mornings so it’s not been easy…..
1. I love that Monday is a whole new week and it’s a great excuse to write myself a to-do list for the rest of the week and to make sure I have our week’s meals all planned. What can be bad about a day that gives you an excuse to write a list?
2) I’ve decided that it’s practically guaranteed that everyone else around will be missing the weekend just as much as I am so I’m going to make a huge effort to smile at people that I see and be as cheerful as I can. You never know, someone might even smile back and feel a little better themselves.
3) This one never fails to cheer me up! In fact, thinking about it, there’s not much that a cat vs cucumber video can’t put right if you ask me….
4. There’s only five more sleeps until the weekend arrives!
5. Apparently we all spend around 12 minutes moaning about the fact that it’s Monday! Instead of moaning about the day, I’m going to set myself a goal every Monday to complete by the end of the day – whether it’s replying to an email that I’ve been putting off or doing a job that I don’t really want to do.
(I’m not sure how true that 12 minutes of moaning fact actually is although I did read it on the internet so it must be true.)
6. Monday is a great day to start a new challenge whether it’s giving up smoking, a diet that you’ve been putting off starting or something smaller. Obviously you can start something on any day of the week but in my head Monday is a good day to start most things
7. I’m running out of Monday love here but surely that fact that there’s only one Monday morning a week is a good thing! And even better than that, next Monday will be one Monday closer to the lighter mornings that I’m missing so much.
How do you feel about Mondays?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Anna Kutukova