I almost said no when we were asked if we’d like to review a Shark Vacuum Cleaner about a month ago as we were perfectly happy with the hoover we already had and I was convinced that the Shark wouldn’t be as good as the one we already had. I changed my mind when I read the amazing reviews on Amazon as it’s rare to see so many 5* reviews for a product and I wanted to have a go of this amazing vacuum cleaner that was wowing almost everyone who tried it (if the reviews were to be believed that is).
I was really looking forward to trying it so when it arrived I didn’t wait for Mr Frugal to come home from work (he’s our official builder of all things new) and I set about building it myself. Master Frugal joined me and we had it put together in less than 10 minutes which is pretty good going if you ask me. It was so easy to do that I was testing it out on our living room carpet within 15 minutes of it being delivered!
I have carpet downstairs in my living room and in my quite small hall so for its first run out I hoovered both of these areas. Amazingly, you could see the difference as I was hoovering the carpet with the areas that I hadn’t got to looking much duller and actually, a little bit dirty compared to the areas where I’d done with the shark.
Once I was done, I thought I’d take a photo of the amount of dirt and dust that it had sucked up but when I saw just how much there was, I almost changed my mind about sharing the photo. Before you see the results, you need to bear in mind that downstairs is hoovered daily by Master Frugal as one of is daily jobs and he had last done it the night before we were doing this so in theory, there shouldn’t have been much at all to show you! To say I was astounded by the amount is an understatement….
I raved on about it that much that my lovely next door neighbour borrowed it last weekend and they couldn’t believe how good it was – I think they thought I’d been exaggerating when I told them how amazing the Shark Vacuum Cleaner was!
Here’s what we LOVE about the Shark Vacuum Cleaner:
- It’s super easy to empty and you the easy release of the dust compartment means that you don’t get covered in dust when you’re doing it.
- There’s a light on the base so you can see exactly where you’re hoovering.
- You can flick from the hard floor setting to the carpet setting in a second with no faffing about.
- The attachments you get with it make it so versatile and they actually stay on the hoover when they’re not in use – our last hoover they kept falling off when i was hoovering.
- This is the big one for me! You can just Lift Away the main body of the Shark Vacuum Cleaner from the base making it even easier to do tricky jobs like the stairs without dragging the whole hoover along with you.
- As you can see from my embarrassing dust photo, the suction is amazing. It’s made a huge difference here and the fact it hoovers right up to the edge means that you can get right in to the edges of your room without having to use the attachments.
- You can vary the suction power as you hoover just by sliding a button on the front.
There’s a lot to love about the Shark Vacuum Cleaner and in my eyes it should be right up there are one of the best hoovers on the market but I’d never even heard of it before I reviewed ours. I hope more people realise just how good they are though as this one is by far the best hoover we’ve ever had!
There are a few teeny tiny things that we’d like to change about the Shark Vacuum Cleaner though:
- The dust compartment could do with being a bit bigger although to be fair, it only fills so easily because it cleans so well and it really is easy to empty so this is kind of a picky point.
- It is hard work pushing it along on Max suction but again, this is a bit nitpicky as the reason it’s hard is because it’s working so hard and if you’re struggling you can just turn it down.
It’s quite hard to show how effective it is but I thought I’d give it a go by letting Miss Frugal clean out the hamsters on the living room rug. The video below shows me hoovering those pesky little wood shavings up with the power set to about halfway:
I genuinely can’t recommend this highly enough – the Shark Vacuum Cleaner blows my last vacuum clear out of the water.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also find me on BlogLovin, Yummly and Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.