I actually wrote a very long and detailed account of my trip to the MAD blog awards but I foolishly put the laptop on the settee next to me while having a coughing fit and the dog managed to walk over it and delete the entire post! I’m currently snuggled on the settee running out of energy fast so this is going to be the (much) shortened version!
- I was the one drinking sparking water all night and coughing every time someone so much as looked at me. In my defence, I now know I have a chest infection and am on antibiotics but it was awful not being able to have a proper conversation or even to laugh without dissolving into a full on coughing fit!
- The heat! I shared a room with Nickie from Typecast (that’s not the bad bit BTW) and we only figured out how to work the air con about twenty minutes before we checked out.
The Good Bits
- The Raddison Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel was brilliant – the staff were lovely, the rooms were nice and the beds were sooo comfortable.
- The fact that my £4 dress from Tesco didn’t look too out of place with all of the glam dresses being worn by the nominees.
- The Most Innovative Blog category – not only because they made a fantastic video and sang and danced along to it but because of the group hug they all had afterwards. I suspect that if I’d had just one glass of wine instead of water, I would have been in tears.
- The lady behind the free bar who kept trying to talk me into drinking something other than water.
- All of the gracious loser faces. People were either extremely well practiced or everyone was genuinely pleased for the winners. I like to think it was the latter.
- The best bit by far was meeting all of the lovely the bloggers who I feel like I know through their blogs but had never actually met and also catching up with some old friends too.
- A close second behind my best bit was the goody bag (shallow, I know). I was the most popular mother ever when I brought home the lego and playmobil treats and there was so much in there that was useful and not only that, things aimed at pampering me which very rarely happens!
Thanks very much to Sally and Jen who clearly worked hard to organise such a brilliant event. Cough or no cough, I had a great time and I’m definitely not the only one judging by the comments in the hotel bar afterwards 😉