I’m so excited that Spring seems to be on it’s way!
Just the sight of the blue skies I’ve seen lately has made me feel happier in myself and I have this month in my head as the month that things will finally start to get back to normal. I really want to feel like me again and I’m only going to be able to feel like that until all of my niggling issues have gone (you can ready about my op here).
March Goals – Personal
My personal goals for February were all about taking it easy, catching up with friends and getting back into Slimming World. I managed two and a half out of three….
- Taking it easy – I smashed this one although I suspect that I may have taken it a bit far judging by the size of my to-do list right now!
- Catching up with friends – This is a work in progress but I’ve definitely started to join in with things again now and I’ve been to the pictures and had a few other trips out with friends.
- Slimming World – It took me until the middle of the month to get back into this and only then half heartedly so I’m only classing this as a half success!
March is going to be about getting the balance back in my life I think because I spent six months doing nothing, then I went back to work in January and pushed myself too hard so I spend February going backwards and doing not very much.
With just over a month to go until New York I suspect a large chunk of my time this month will be spent on preparations for that. Miss Frugal is currently making me watch at least one YouTube video a night so I’m at the point now where I think I know New York better than the town where I live and if I have to watch one more shopping haul vlog I’m going to scream. I shouldn’t grumble though because I do love the time we’re spending together at the moment.
March Goals – Home
Last month I wanted to get my downstairs measured for my planned new carpets, make myself a photo wall in the kitchen and rearrange the dining room. I managed one of these things and failed spectacularly on another….
- My total fail was the carpets because I spent the money I’d put aside for them on a family trip to Milan in May! I don’t regret booking the trip at all but it does put me back somewhat with my new carpets!
- I’ve chosen a few of the photos I want to include on my photo wall but that’s about as far as I’ve got unfortunately.
- I did totally rearrange my dining room though so we now have much more space as well as it looking much better than it did before.
This month I’m not sure that I have any house goals although I’d love to get Mr Frugal to paint my kitchen if I can catch him in a good mood.
March Goals – Money
I did great with my money goals for last month and managed to finish paying for New York although I haven’t paid for our attraction passes yet although I did only overpay by £100.
- This month I want to overpay by £200 again but I’m not sure how likely this is seeing as we our New York spending money to save for now.
- I want to choose and pay for our New York passes – there are so many companies to choose from though so I have to choose which company to go with before I book them.
- I need to figure out the best way to take our money to New York too as I don’t want to be charged extra if I can help it.
What are your March goals?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.