Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
1) I made a hair mask for my hair using some bananas that needed using up and an avocado that was almost past its best!
It doesn’t look pretty but it really does work so I’ll share how I made it tomorrow if I get chance to write it up.
2) Did you see my post yesterday about Shopmium? I’m so late on this one and I know most of you will have already discovered it but it’s an app where you can get free and discounted items when you do your supermarket shopping!
I feel like lots of you are going to be shaking your head at me and rolling your eyes that I’ve not used Shopmium before and you’d be right as so many people have talked about this app in the past and I’ve just never got around to doing it. If you haven’t discovered Shopmium yet then go and register so you can start saving too. You can use my refer a friend link if you want to then we both get something but if not then no hard feelings – just search shopmium in your browser and you’re good to go. 😇
3) Master Frugal decided to spend some of his pocket money on a hat this week – a hat that was originally £35 but reduced to £24.50 in the sale. He was having none of it when I told him he’d get a similar one at Tesco for a fiver so I (reluctantly) helped him to order on the website.
As he was ordering, a pop-up came up to offer a discount if you signed up for the website’s mailing list so I popped in an old email address that I tend to use for things like this as I don’t use it for anything else these days and within 30 seconds I had a discount code to give him 10% off his hat. It’s always worth signing up to these mailing lists in exchange for a discount as you can unsubscribe really easily from most or just use an old email address like I do.
4) I’ve given my greenhouse a good clean this week and cleared it out as it had accumulated a fair amount of random pots. I’m not a fan of spiders so I used a sweeping brush which I dipped into a bucket of hot soapy water so I was a good distance away from any creepy crawlies.
It’s all clean and shiny right now although I’m super tempted to give it a lick of paint to spruce it up a little bit seeing as I can’t really do much else this early in the year.
5) A while ago, I bought an under sink storage cupboard for the bathroom from Argos…
It’s been fantastic in our family bathroom where the kids store all their random stuff out of sight but unbelievably, it doesn’t actually seem to be waterproof as the paint on the top has peeled off where it’s been splashed. This is the worst photo I think I’ve ever shared on here – my fault as I asked Master Frugal to take one for me while I ran to get the things I needed to give the cabinet a makeover and I just presumed he’d be aware that blurry was not going to cut it. It gives you an idea though – the dark blurry patches are where the paint has peeled off the top of the unit. 🤣
Rather than replace the unit, I thought I’d try and give it a bit of a makeover and save it so I used some sticky back plastic in a black marble to cover the top and it looks AMAZING! Much better than buying a new one and to be be fair, I like it better with the marble effect top on than I do with the plain white top and I’m seriously considering doing similar to the cabinet that I have in my little en suite.
(I actually did this last week but didn’t include it in the weekly post because I wanted to see how it held up just in case it couldn’t cope with being in the bathroom but it’s managing fine so I’m happy to share it)
Come over and join our fab Facebook group – Spend Less, Live Better! We’ve almost hit 37,000 members in the group now so it’s a great place to be
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing anything you’ve done that’s been thrifty or frugal from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the Frugal Friday linky at the bottom of this post.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here. 😉