Every week I tell you about five frugal things I’ve done to save some money and whilst some things might not be as frugal as others, everything I share is something that I think is frugal or thrifty for one reason or another.
But I wanted to do something a bit different this week, I wanted to share some things I’ve done that aren’t very frugal at all – not because I haven’t done anything frugal but because I don’t want you to think that I’m some sort of frugal wonder-woman who excels in all areas of frugal-ness (is that even a word).
1. I bought a packet of Lemsips – I skipped the homemade honey and lemon, walked right past the the own brand version that I’ve recommended here on here before and went straight for the full on extra strength Lemsips! I was feeling so rotten that I fell for the promises on the pack and paid double the price of the own brand version in the hope that it would make me feel better even though I knew that they both would have had the same ingredients and would do the same job. Thinking about it, I actually think it was the flavour that swung it for me – Hot berries and orange!
2. I bought a silly little stocking filler for Miss Frugal off eBay but ended up giving it to her as soon as it arrived because I knew how much she’d love it!
3. I’m blaming the cold I’ve had for this one as well as number 1! I couldn’t be bothered to cook the planned fish pie for tea on Tuesday night, in fact, I didn’t have the energy to cook anything at all so I may possibly have sent the kids to the chip shop for tea. In my defence, I was snuggled on the settee under a blanket and Mr Frugal was working late so it was either that or have Miss Frugal make her specialty of scrambled egg on toast.
4. I bought a pot noodle for Master Frugal because he’s had one for tea at one of his friend’s houses and loved it!
5. I treated myself to a new laptop bag for my work laptop when there is nothing wrong with my old one – I just loved the colour and style of the one that I saw. It’s smaller than my other one and is a pretty quilted style in a berry red colour and I loved it as soon as I saw it. I did put it back once and walk on but then I went back for a second look and Mr Frugal MADE me buy it because he says I don’t treat myself enough.
There’s nothing wrong with doing any of the above things but they’re not particularly frugal are they?
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.