1) Last weekend I bought some reduced price sausages and made an amazing posh toad in the hole which I’ll tell you all about next week. It was a much cheaper Sunday Dinner than the planned one which involved a gammon joint I was planning on popping in the slow cooker and it was amazing!
2) I was on a roll with the posh toad in the hole so I even made chocolate cherry puddings for afters which were equally amazing and used just store cupboard ingredients and a tin of cherries I bought at least a year ago.
3) Away from food now and on to some moneymaking – I’ve sorted out a few boxes of things ready for a car boot sale that I think we’ll have before we go on holiday at the end of the month. I’ve had some great successes with car boot sales over the years so I’ve been toying with the idea for a little while now and have even managed to rope in a friend to go halves with me.
4) I’ve been on the lookout for some biggish photo frames for a while now as I want to get some of the amazing photos we’re taking from our family holidays printed quite large and put in a display on my living room wall. We have some with such amazing blue skies with famous landmarks in them so I thought that would be a nice idea but I just haven’t been able to find the right size frames for a reasonable price. Then last week, I share with you my photos of the £3.99 frames that I bought from Aldi with the motivational quotes in them and it hit me as I read the post back that those frames would be the perfect size!
I went back to buy some more but they’d sold out of the black frames in our branch so I was just about to leave with a sad face (and some Aldi toilet rolls) when I saw a pile of frames pushed to the back of a basket. They were the right size and are a duck egg blue colour the same as my living room so I bought three of them instead. I’m so pleased with them but now struggling to find the perfect pictures! These are some of the ones I love from Milan and New York:
5) I bought a book at the car boot sale for 20p and even though it’s 12 years old, it still has some great tips in there that I’m enjoying reading.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.