This week has been all about getting everyone better and caught up with sleep ready for a lovely long weekend of doing all of the jobs I’ve been wanting to get done around the house.
1. Mr Frugal knows how much I like Orla Kiely and how much I love upcycled furniture so when he saw that someone was selling this little beauty, he was there like a shot to buy it for me for my Birthday.
I have no idea where I’m going to put it but I love it and the fact that it’s upcycled means it’s a thrifty birthday present which is even better.
2. I invested in some new freezer storage containers now that I’ve got more space to store my batch cooking – the best deal I could find was for pyrex baking dishes that have lids on so I can cook the meals in them, store them in the freezer in them and then re-heat them in the same container. It makes things so much easier and they stack brilliantly in the freezer too. Here’s the ones that I bought.
3. Thanks to my new under counter freezer and my new pyrex food storage, I’ve rediscovered my batch cooking enthusiasm and spent last Sunday cooking chicken cacciatore, chilli and curry to put in the freezer ready for a day when I can’t be bothered to cook.
4. Miss Frugal and I are going on holiday in a month so we’re starting to think about holiday clothes – I don’t want to spend a fortune as the chances are that some of it will only be worn on holiday and then maybe once or twice afterwards if we get lucky with the weather over the Summer. I had a lovely morning this morning wandering around the charity shops in town buying bits and bobs – Miss Frugal got a crocheted dress to wear over her swimsuit as well as two pairs of shorts which cost me a grand total of £3 and I got a lovely skirt for £2 which will be great for on a night.
5. Remember my bargain bureau from that I bought last year? Well I still love it as much as I always have as it’s a beautiful piece of furniture but…. It just doesn’t match the rest of the house as the wood is such a funny coloured wood.
I couldn’t bear to part with it though so a lovely lady has taken it away and is going to paint it for me so that it matches the kitchen. I know, it’s a shame to paint it but the wood is just not my style at all and it was either that or get rid of it.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio