Every week I share five frugal things that I’ve done during that week just to show you that the small things you do all add up to a great frugal lifestyle where you can learn to live a fabulously frugal life.
Before I start though, as always feel that I should say that being frugal to me is about getting the best value for our money – it’s not about doing without for us or about not having nice things. We all have different financial situations and we’re all frugal for different reasons. 😉
1) Did you catch my batch cooking post on Monday? I somehow managed to cook twelve meals to stash away in the freezer on Saturday afternoon which is amazing. Honestly, it makes life so much easier to have a stock of ‘ready meals’ to rely on.
2) Aside from my batch cooking triumph, I also cooked a batch of soup on Sunday which did my work lunches for two days this week thanks to my little flask.
3) I have another foodie one to share for my third frugal thing this week! I usually take some porridge or a breakfast bar to work but last week I forgot one and I was so hungry that I let myself be tempted by the vending machine. 😉
I bought an apricot and coconut yoghurt covered bar which was so tasty and was really filling – definitely worth the £1 I paid for it. When I did my shopping last weekend, I looked to see if I could find them as I thought I’d save some money buying them at the supermarket rather than from a vending machine. They were selling them in three packs for £2 but they were on offer where it was two packs for £3 so I got 6 bars from Morrisons for the same price that three would have cost me from the vending machine.
I have none left right now so I can’t tell you the make but I will at some point as they’re my favourite thing to eat at the moment.
4) This is a boring one I know but I upped my contribution to my share purchase scheme at work this week.
It’s not a massive amount that I’m saving but it’s matched by my employer so it’s worth doing.
5) I have another boring one for my last one but it’s saved me money so let’s go with it.
This week, I’ve been really trying to drive economically for my commute to and from work because my new longer commute is definitely not good for my budget. 😉 I have a little Citroen C3 which is quite good on petrol but by making sure I drive carefully, I can get more miles to the gallon which, when you consider the number of miles I do in a day now, is absolutely necessary.
I might write a post on what I’m doing because it really does make a difference.
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing your five frugal things from your week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with the five frugal things linky by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.