1) Did you see my homemade sunglasses case on Sunday?
It’s my first sewing project and I’m over the moon with it just because I know I made it myself!
2) I’m a bit of an Ed Sheeran fan, not a mega fan but I do enjoy listening to his music so when the tickets went on sale last Saturday I was determined to get some tickets for me and Mr Frugal to go along. I waited and waited in a queue and finally got to the front and actually managed to get some tickets allocated with a ten minute timer to make the payment before they were released to the next person in the queue.
But then I changed my mind! That sort of money, including a hotel and getting there could be so much better spent on something that we could all enjoy together so half way through entering my debit card details, I clicked that cross at the top of the page and I’m Ed Sheeran ticket-less.
3) I finally dug out my ice lolly moulds and I made some simple orange squash lollies – normally I’d try and be a bit more ambitious with my lolly making but because I was a bit pushed for time I went for the simple squash version.
4) I cooked a chicken in the slow cooker this week and used the chicken for three different meals all of which I’ll share with you over the next few days. It really is getting harder to stretch a chicken now that the kids are older and eat more but I can still stretch to three good meals with some careful planning.
5) I totally won at meal planning this week! We had lots of interesting meals and I managed to stick to it which is no mean feat considering the hours I’ve worked this week!
As always, we’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Chat conversation end
Type a message, @name…