Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I know I’ve already mentioned this in my post about our visit to Mount Grace Priory last week but we’ve got ourselves an annual family membership to English Heritage which means we can get into over 400 sites across the UK without having to pay anything other than our monthly Direct Debit which will be less than £8. We’ve already had two great days out which would have cost around £50 if we had paid entry so in one week we’ve already got some great use out of it!
2. Remember the fruit and veg that we bought when we got lost last week? Well I used up the last of it by making a rhubarb and plum crumble which was absolutely delicious. I’ll share the recipe at some point with you but I’ve never made a crumble before and it went down brilliantly so I’ll definitely be making one again!
3. We had a lovely wander around a quaint little town not too far from us and I really enjoyed looking around the charity shops there as there were some beautiful things in them that weren’t ridiculously prices as some things are sometimes. One of them had an upstairs room filled with treasures and I could have spent ages digging around. I settled for a pretty tea-cup and some lovely little glass jars – you’ll see them soon as I have plans for them before I show them to you. 😉
4. I cooked a small gammon joint in the slow cooker on Monday which not only made a delicious Bank Holiday tea, it also did Tuesday’s lunch and there was still some left over to add to pasta for tea on Tuesday!
5. I made some gorgeous blueberry and lemon muffins using some blueberries and a lemon that I bought from the reduced section at Asda and I’ve frozen half of them to get out and use in packed lunches. I used my super easy muffin recipe and added a couple of handfuls of bluberries, the zest from the lemon and the juice from half the lemon.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.