It’s been a massively busy week this week and it feels like I haven’t had time to do anything, let alone anything frugal but I’ve had a good think and managed to come up with five….
Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. Miss Frugal is very particular about the style of her school skirt as she doesn’t like it too short (I’m sure that won’t last), she doesn’t like it too tight and she certainly doesn’t want a flarey style as she worries it’ll blow up in the wind! She loves the skirt she has now though so when I saw them on sale this week in New Look, I bought an extra one in her current size and two in the next size up – and only paid £11.50 for all three.
2. I’ve been really good with taking my lunch to work this week which is an achievement as I frequently forget to make it or even worse, I make it and then leave it in the fridge! I made a batch of mini egg omelettes at the weekend so they did the first few days. I’ve also taken in some leftover lasagne to reheat and some leftover chicken pie which was even more delicious than it was the night before when we had it for tea. It’s mad how quickly your lunch costs can add up when you’re not organised.
3. I bought two gammon joints on offer in Morrisons for £6.50 but I used a £5 voucher that I got from their Match & More card so the two of them cost me a massive £1.50. We had one for Sunday Dinner and the leftovers were used for pasta carbonara the next night.
4. I managed to get my washing dry on the line this week which is the first time in ages so I took advantage of it and washed all of our bedding and towels.
5. I tried to be clever this week and save money on one of the meals we like to have quite regularly and it failed massively. In my wisdom, I decided to leave the chorizo out of the Sausage, bean and chorizo casserole that we make regularly to try and make the dish even cheaper to make. You might remember that I tried making it with cheaper beans and that was a success but this was a step too far! It lacked flavour without the chorizo and wasn’t nearly as nice as normal so whilst it save me a pound, it really wasn’t worth it.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.