1. We’ve had a week without shopping this week as we’ve been using up the random bits of food and leftovers that we have in already. It’s made for some very random meals but we’ve got a half empty freezer now so I’ve made space for some more reduced supermarket bargains.
2. We’ve all been under the weather this week with snotty noses and sore throats so rather than buying half the chemist as I would have done in the past, I decided to go for the old fashioned hot water in a bowl approach to clear our blocked noses. I added a couple of drops of Olbas oil to some slightly cooled just boiled water and got Miss Frugal to be our tester. We popped a towel over her head to keep the steam in and told her to take a few deep breaths and she definitely felt less blocked up after not very long at all.
Last Sunday we went to the woods near us and were amazed to discover how much there was to do there! There were play parks, sculptures, climbing things and dedicated nature walks ways as well as all sorts of other things. I can’t believe we’ve never been before but we’ll definitely be going back!
3. We’re continuing with our quest to find new places to visit and have declared that during the day on Sundays is completely electronics free so we can spend the day together without any interruptions – clearly that doesn’t apply to me because we need someone to instagram the day. 😉
4. I got my renewal for Buddy’s pet insurance this week and although it was not much more than it was last year I did a search online to see if I could get it cheaper. I founds that I could get it slightly cheaper (50p a month it worked out to I think) but as it was only slightly cheaper I decided to stick withe company I’ve been happy with for the last few years. I’m all for changing to get a better deal but I do think that the time and effort involved probably wouldn’t be worth it for 50p a month considering I’d never heard of the cheaper company and I’ve had no issues with my current insurer. I would have been more inclined to change had I been able to get a bigger saving though so it’s always worth checking.
5. We started a team tea club this week at work to save money on drinks from the works canteen – we’ve all taken our own mugs in to work and we’ll take it in turns to buy milk and tea, there’s even talk of biscuits! This is probably obvious to most of you but in an office where tea and coffee are readily available we’ve just never thought of doing it ourselves. 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.