There’s kind of a holiday theme going on in this week’s five frugal things post as we’ve booked a weekend away for this weekend. 😉
Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
- Despite knowing that this was the weekend we wanted to go away I only booked the holiday yesterday as I wanted to get the best deal possible. We managed to get an amazing deal with Butlins which is where the kids were desperate to go back to and it was cheaper than we were expecting to pay so I also booked adventure passes for them which are cheaper if you pre-book. I would definitely recommend leaving it until the last minute if you’re flexible with where you’ll go as there was lots of brilliant deals for us to choose from.
If I’m honest, Butlins isn’t my ideal getaway but the kids LOVE it and in the end, if they’re happy then I am too.
- I didn’t take the easy option and book the dining plan when I booked – it would have added £162 on to the cost which is a huge amount. It is recommended and having eaten there before I know how tasty the meals are but we decided that we’d book an apartment with a kitchen and make our own meals. Even eating out or buying takeaways wouldn’t cost us £50+ a day on!
- We plan to take full advantages of lots of the activities onsite at Butlins but I’ve been online and found some great places to visit locally that I might not have found if I hadn’t of had a look in advance. One of the places that I’ve found offers a discount if you book online and another one accepts Tesco Days Out vouchers so I can use our vouchers there.
- We’re not really ones for sitting in a crowded bar so we tend to skip a lot of the evening entertainment when we go to holiday parks. We like to go for a walk or find something else to do ourselves – last time we were at Butlins we went to see the Stock car racing which was brilliant. I’m not sure what we’ll be doing on a night here but I do know that we’re taking this for on a night when we get back to our room….
It’s delicious and tastes just like Disaronno to us – even nicer as it only cost £5 from Tesco. I don’t even think it’s a reduced price either as there were no reduction stickers and it was just in the middle of the spirits aisle.
- I bought Master Frugal’s packed lunch box and book bag from our local football club for less than half the normal price this week. It looks as though they’re reducing a lot of last season’s stock now that the new season has started. He’s over the moon with them too which is brilliant. He *may* have already taken a sharpie to his packed lunch box to personalise it with his favourite players and various football chants! 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.