I haven’t really had time to be frugal or otherwise this week as it’s been another chaotic week for one reason or another but I’ll try and see if I can think of five things….
Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I’ve spent half an hour this morning driving round town – stopping at the leisure centre, the museum and the youth centre to get their Summer Holiday leaflets. Tonight I’m going to sit and make a plan of action for the next week as I have a lovely week off to spend with the kids.
2. Speaking of activities, one thing on our list was ice skating and this notification popped up on my phone yesterday:
Booking ice skating through Groupon has saved me about £7 which makes it a much cheaper day out and the saving will pay for my hot chocolate while I sit and shiver watching them! It’s well worth turning notifications on for the Groupon app as you only get one a day and that’s twice now that I’ve got a great deal on something we were planning to do anyway!
3. You know those jars of pasta bake sauce you can get? Well I tried making my own this week with a tin of tomato sauce and some water. It probably wasn’t as tasty as the sauces you can buy but I didn’t have much time (surprise surprise) so I just put some pasta in an oven proof dish and poured over a tin of tomato soup and water. I added some chopped onion and some gammon leftovers and cooked it in the oven for about half an hour covered in foil. After that I took the lid off and poured over some white sauce and sprinkled with cheese and cooked it for another half an hour….
Now I know it works I’m sure I could get a bit more creative! 🙂
4. I love the fruity smells of the Body Shop body sprays and often have one in my handbag for a quick spritz every now and again through the day. They’re not cheap though so I usually wait until I get to one of their outlet shops where they’re much cheaper if you buy two or three. We were in the queue at Primark the other day when we spotted some body sprays that looked very similar but they were only £2. I bought one hoping it would be similar to the ones at the Body Shop and it is – in fact, it’s actually nicer!
5. And the reason we were in Primark was to buy some shorts for Miss Frugal as that’s all she’s wearing at the minute and she loves the ones from there. We bought four pairs of shorts (2 were reduced) for less than £10 and they’ll see her through the Summer!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.