Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. This isn’t a massively frugal thing but we’ve been shopping for new fridge freezers this week and despite falling in love with a big American Style one, I chose a smaller and much cheaper one that has more freezer space than we have in our current one. I took a photo of the model number and came home to see if I could get it cheaper. I managed to get it £25 cheaper as I found a discount code on the 02 Priority Moments app so I’m really pleased I didn’t buy it there and then!
2. I’ve discovered a free car park that I can park in when I pop into town after work -it’s a slightly longer walk into town but it saves me paying to park in my usual car park which has one of those dreadful machines that refuse to give change when you only have pound coins. I’m sure it owes me a fortune (and yes, I know I should be more organised with my change ;-)).
3. I’m off work now until next Friday and I’m armed with a list of free or cheap things to do over half term so I have options available for most days depending on what the kids want to do. I’ve also had a look on Netflix and found a few films that I know the kids fancy so we’ll be having at least one pyjama day.
4. I bought some new tops in the sale at my local Tesco in the sale section. I was in need of some new ones and these were reduced to £3, £4 and £5 so I have four new tops for under £20 – all perfectly nice and smart. I’ve been needing some new tops for a while but I thought I’d wait until the sales were ending to see if I could get some real bargains.
5. I sorted out a big pile of books that the kids have grown out of and dropped them off at our local charity shop. While I was there I bought a couple of very cheap Jacqueline Wilson books for Miss Frugal and some Beast Quest books for Master Frugal. They were five for 20p! I do love the library but I also like to keep our bookshelf filled with books for them too.
What have you done this week to save money?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.