Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I’ve filled one of the drawers in my garage freezer with reduced breadbuns that I bought for 1p a pack in Tesco. They’re the small pre-sliced Warburtons buns and the pre-sliced hot dog buns and they’re brilliant to have in for packed lunches! I just get one out on a night make the sandwich while the bun is frozen and then pop it in a sandwich bag in the fridge overnight and it’s perfect when he goes to have it the next day!
2. On the subject of reductions, we had a whole meal for three of us for just 65p from the reduction bay this week – some lovely sausages and chips which we added a few eggs too with some brioche bread rolls to dip in the yolks. Followed by a lovely cake which was delicious!
3. I talked Miss Frugal out of a big Birthday party for her Birthday next week! She’s been umming and aahing about a party for ages now because she’s 13 and really wants to celebrate it and although she was worried about who to invite as she didn’t want to leave anyone out or hurt anyone’s feelings, she finally got it down to a list of 12 girls so decided she was OK to have a party. ;-). We talked about the budget we would have for a party and we decided to have one at home (AAAAGH) in the garden (even more (AAAAGH) which *should* save a fortune. Keep your fingers crossed as it’s this Sunday!
4. We had another day out using our English Heritage card – we’ve had it about three weeks now and we’ve already saved in admission fees to various places what we’ll pay for the membership over the whole year!
5. We’ve stocked up on a few things that are on sale this week ready for next Summer – a giant family sized paddling pool reduced from £40 to £6 is my favourite purchase of the week because I know how much fun the kids will have in in next year. They really wanted one this year but I didn’t want to pay that much for one but at the same time, we needed a big one rather than a teeny tiny kids one. Tents and camping equipment are also reduced all over the place at this time of year so worth considering getting one if you’ll be camping next year.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.