Before I start, I need to point out that I’ve been feeling a bit fed up with myself this week (Master Frugal has been away for 3 nights and I’ve had an infection in my finger/hand making pretty much everything painful).
Things are on the up now that it’s Friday though – I have my boy back home and the infection has almost cleared up so I’m going to try and think of five frugal things that I’ve done this week although for the first time since I started this, I think I’m going to really struggle to think of five…..
Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. We did find a good deal on a bed frame for Master Frugal as his old bed frame had definitely seen better days! He already has a very good quality memory foam mattress that my dad bought him so it was just a basic bed frame that we were after and the cheapest we could find one for was £45.99 in Argos which I thought was reasonable to be honest. We popped to our local B&M superstore at the weekend though and saw an almost identical one for £29.99 which I was really pleased with!
2. Does this count as being frugal? We made a hanger for Miss Frugal’s many pairs of sunglasses to keep them all in one place and stop them from getting scratched. We used a bead necklace that she was given by one of her friends for her 4th Birthday which has been in her drawer for years and we think it looks great.
3. My lack of meal planning this week has meant a couple of extra trips to the shops but I’ve managed to pick up reduced price bargains to eat for tea most of this week. One thing we are loving are the new Tesco smoothie mixes although luckily for us, the rest of the people who visit our local store are not as keen on the mango and kale smoothie mix as we are as we’ve been in three times this week and each time got at least two of them for less than 30p. We’re loving our smoothies this week, even more so than normal as they were such bargains.
4. We have homemade Fathers Day presents and cards made, wrapped and ready to be presented along with breakfast in bed on Sunday morning. I can’t show you them now as I don’t want to ruin the surprise here but they are lovely and so much better than the cards you see in the shops!
5. We had a mini pamper night because I think Miss Frugal was feeling a bit sorry for me. I had a lovely bath with some of our ginger and lime body scrub and she painted my toe nails for me with a ridiculously hideous colour that I haven’t had the hear to take off yet as she was so pleased with her ‘nail art’. Luckily for you I have a no feet photo policy! 😉
Not awesome examples this week I know but I promise I’ll do better next week! 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.