Right, unlike last week I’m feeling pretty confident that I’ll get to five easily this week!
1) Did you see my new meal planner and matching pictures that I made from some cheap Ikea frames and a free wallpaper sample? They’re hiding some awful greasy blu tac marks on the kitchen wall so not only do they look great, they’ve also saved me from having the hassle of painting AND they’re giving me a much needed boost in the meal planning department.
2) Last Sunday was a great de-clutter day for me. I sorted out all the kids DVDs and took them to our local cash converters where they gave me £15.00 for them which may not seem like much but there was nothing great in there and they’re almost all kids DVD that are a good few years old so the money was an added bonus – the real benefit was the de-clutter. I then went on to sell the bookcase they’d been sitting on for £10 on a Facebook selling site as well as a mirror, a computer chair, some tables and a butchers block. Not bad considering I was all done by lunchtime on Sunday.
3) I bought our sun tan lotion for when Miss Frugal and I go on holiday on offer in Boots where it was buy one get one half price. I won’t scrimp on sun tan lotion as we all burn ridiculously easily so to find the brand I trust on buy one get one half price was great as it’s pretty expensive normally. I now have enough to do us the whole Summer now as well as our weekend away.
4) Last Friday we popped to Ikea to buy the photo frames I needed for my menu planner and as we walked past the restaurant we saw a sign saying that fish, chips and peas are reduced from the normal price of £4.65 to just £1 on Fridays after 5pm. I need to take a top back that we bought in the Metro Centre so we’re timing that so that we can have tea out for all four of us for under a fiver today.
5) We usually have a gammon or chicken dinner on a Sunday with Yorkshire puds, roasties and veg but last Saturday a friend gave us some huge eggs that their chicken had laid so we had a last minute change of plan for Sunday lunch. We had a homemade Greggs style bacon and cheese wrap for lunch and then for tea we had dippy egg and soldiers with toast and you know what? It was my favourite dinner in a long time!
And since we didn’t use the gammon, it went in the freezer so I’ll be using it this weekend instead.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio