1) Last weekend Miss Frugal and I had a DIY day which basically consisted of me sitting at the table with my camera while she did all of the work, making everything from bath bombs to our homemade bird feeder and from Chocolate chip banana bread to copycat caramel macchiatos. I’ve got so many posts to share with you over the next few weeks filled with inspiration for homemade Christmas presents but more than that we spent some lovely time together which hasn’t happened much lately while I’ve been ill.
2) I have made a definite dent in my Christmas shopping and bought a couple of gifts this week using some of the Amazon gift vouchers that I’ve been buying through the year when I’ve done my weekly shopping.
3) Just a small thing but earlier this week I got out all of the ingredients to make chicken souvlaki kebabs before I realised that I didn’t have any kebab skewers. Rather than heading to the shops to buy more or make something else, I simply made mini versions on cocktail sticks.
4) Lunches this week have been mainly soup made with yellow stickered soup pre-prepared soup mixes. Asda do a lovely leek and potato soup mix that costs 99p full price and saves time with preparing as well as being pretty much on par with what buy a couple of leeks and potatoes would cost me. It’s even better value at the reduced price of 35p though and did me and Mr Frugal lunch on Monday with enough left to pop in the fridge for the next day’s lunch for me.
5) Mr Frugal has been on a couple of runs to the tip this week to get rid of some rubbish. In the past, we would have hired a skip to make life easier but at almost £100 for a small one, he decided to spend a bit of time breaking everything down and squishing it in the tip to save the money. It took 3 trips but it’s only a couple of miles away so well worth the time for the money saved.
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Emma and Becky and I would love to make think linky into a place to share all of our frugal ideas with each other so hwe’d love tou to link up with us this week.
Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done This Week Linky rules
We’d love you to join in with us by sharing what frugal and thrifty things you’ve been up to this week – whether it’s an Instagram picture (#5frugalthings), a blog post or even a video. Just add your link to the linky at the bottom of this post.
You don’t have to share five things you’ve done, anything thrifty or frugal that you’ve been doing is perfect.
We’d like to make this a great little community linky so it would be brilliant if you could comment on a couple of the other blog posts linked up. We’ll make sure that we comment on all posts and if you have a Pinterest friendly image then we’ll Pin your post to one of our boards too.
You’re more than welcome to copy and paste the badge above but it would be even better if you could let your readers know that you’re linking up with us by adding a little line to the bottom of your post like this one:
We’re looking forward to seeing all your lovely thrifty posts!
Don’t forget to follow my ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our five frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peek….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.
Image credit: Shutterstock, Gstockstudio