This week Miss Frugal offered to give me a makeover for my Birthday!
I don’t really wear much make-up usually as I’m not great at putting it on myself so I just sat back and let her do her thing (which took significantly longe than when I do my thing).
Honestly, I half expected to hate the finished result so when she did her little reveal at the end I was all ready to bring out my ‘I hate it but I’m not going to hurt your feelings’ smile. I couldn’t believe the result as she’d done such a good job – I’ve even asked her to teach me to do it her way so that I can try and recreate the barely there look that she managed.
Her little make-up tutorial got me thinking about what else she’s taught me lately and some of the things made me smile so I thought I’d share them with you today….
1) Who knew that you put foundation on with a brush these days? I still use my hands or if I’m feeling particularly down with the kids then I’ll use one of those little funny shapes applicator sponges. I’ll be honest, when Miss Frugal whipped an odd shaped brush out of her makeup arsenal I wasn’t entirely sure what the results would be like but I have to say that it was noticeably different to when I put it on my way. I may need to invest in one of those brushes myself as I don’t think sharing will be tolerated!
These are similar brushes on Amazon but Miss Frugal bought hers in Primark and it was about £3 – she says that as much as she’d love the whole set, the one she has is all she really needs.
2) Sticking with the subject of makeup, I now finally know how to put to put on eye makeup after many many years of not doing it right – it involves a primer, at least three different brushes, four different shades, mascara and mascara primer and some sort of spray afterwards to make it long lasting. And that’s without even starting on my eyebrows which caused poor Miss Frugal much horror. As nice as the end result was, I think I prefer my way!
3) There is an unwritten rule that you don’t talk in a lift.
4) Tap water is not for drinking! Well, unless it’s the tap water she drinks without realising when I top up her empty bottled water bottles with it and pop them back in the fridge. 😉
5) A selfie isn’t a selfie unless it has that daft dog filter on in snapchat….
6) A Snapchat streak is THE way to show how good friends you are with someone! A streak, for the non snap-chatters among us, is when you Snapchat someone and they Snapchat you back the same day. That’s a streak of 1, do it the next day and you get a streak of 2 etc etc. Losing your streak when you get to over a hundred is a total disaster as you have to start all over again! Holiday cover must be arranged for when you leave the safety of your own wifi for more than a day to ensure that someone else is available to do your streaks for you.
7) Hotels should not be chosen based on the facilities, the cost or even the recent reviews from other travellers. The only think that should be considered is whether there is wifi and how much it is (she has to pay for her own wifi when we’re away as it’s a total non-essential).
8) It’s totally OK to own three pairs of trainers, two pairs of boots and various other sandals and shoes but only to have two pairs of jeans that you’ll wear.
9) Youtube is a great place to learn anything you need to know in life – whether it’s make up or hair tutorials, help with homework, learning a new recipe or researching a place before you visit – you can do it all.
10) Sleep is unnecessary!
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.