You may (or may not) remember the last time I posted my weekly photo round-up a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I was very conscious that a lot of the things that we were doing together were indoors and at home. I’ve really tried to make more of an effort in the last two weeks to get out and about a bit more – despite the very cold March weather we’re seeing at the moment!
- We were downstairs in Primark when we found a big pile of life size One Direction cardboard cutouts tucked out of the way – we couldn’t resist standing them up and having a pose with them.
- Master Frugal listening to McFly watching the world go by on the train.
- Miss Frugal is a huuuge One Direction fan and loved the concert we went to. The show itself was great with the boys spending over 2 hours on stage with lots of audience interaction.
- We spend a lovely few hours at the Legoland Discovery Centre at the Trafford Centre – the kids will be doing their own full review of this in the next few weeks.
- This is a little bit of my poorly battered car after I was hit by a truck!
- We visited the Imperial War Museum in Manchester. This was mine and Miss Frugal’s view when we went up in the lift 100ft to the viewing point. We should have had lovely views across Manchester but as soon as the lift doors opened at the top, she started to cry and shake. The security man jumping up and down on the platform assuring her it was safe certainly didn’t help and we had to come straight back down again!
- Mr Frugal managed to slice his hand when he was washing the pots! Four stitches later and he’s out of doing the pots for at least another week. Drama Queen!
- We just caught the end of a food street market and managed to get a giant tub of paella for £2.00 – it fed me and Miss Frugal and was delicious. Why does food always taste better outside?
- This was us in the cafe at the Imperial War Museum after having to leave the exhibition hall because it showed lots of very graphic injuries and made us feel a bit squeamish. We waited in here for ages while Mr Frugal enjoyed the exhibit in peace.
- Laser Quest is apparently very tiring but the most ‘awesome thing ever in the world’.
- Air hockey isn’t so tiring but is still ‘amazing and epic’.
- We went to Old Trafford, mainly because we noticed the bus stop was right outside when we were going somewhere completely different. Master Frugal wasn’t impressed to find himself wearing a Man Utd hat.