When Mr Frugal and the kids asked me a few weeks ago what I wanted for Christmas, I told them that I didn’t want anything at all but this week they’ve asked me again so I told them I’d have a think and get back to them with some ideas.
The reason I originally told them that I didn’t want anything is because we got our lovely little Monty last month and I’m after a Summerhouse for our garden so I’d rather the money that could be spent on a present for me went towards those two things which I know I’ll appreciate a lot more in the long run.
Having said that, I do know that it’s quite hard for my family not to be able to give me something on Christmas so I’ve chosen a few things that I know I’ll be love but that will also be useful to me in my blogging life!
Five blogger gifts that won’t cost you a penny!
1) An offer of an afternoon’s peace so they can catch up on some blogging work.
2) The promise that you’ll smile on at least three family photos and that you won’t deliberately pull a face as soon as a camera is pointed in your direction. I know this could just be my family but this would be an amazing gift for me! 😉
3) The promise not to dive into Christmas Dinner before everything has been photographed to perfection.
4) I’ve asked my two to help me with a bit of blog admin in the week between Christmas and New Year – they’re capable of doing loads of things so I have a list of jobs that they’re going to get through for me.
5) I sometimes do find it hard to balance my job, my blog, keeping on top of the house and the most important thing – my family. If someone was to offer to do more of the housework and the cooking that would free up more of my time to do everything else.
Ten blogger gifts if you want to spend a little bit of money!
1) A subscription to Tailwind which has been instrumental in my Pinterest success over recent years! It costs around $14 a month and to me, it’s been worth every single penny!
2) And if you know the blogger in your life is wanting to master Pinterest then you could always buy them my amazing Pinterest Made Easy course!
3) An annual subscription to Social Warfare which is, in my opinion, the best social sharing plug-ins out there and for the $29 a year, it will make sharing blog content so much easier for readers. They’re really lightweight too so they’ll definitely speed up the site in question too!
4) This amazing annual calendar from MyLego not only looks amazing, it also shares just about every national day that you could think of.
5) A copy of ‘Blogging your Way to Riches’ which was written by the very lovely Emma and Lynn who are successful bloggers themselves. They share a wealth of information for bloggers, no matter what stage you’re at in your blogging journey.
6) An online course such as Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course which is something that any blogger would love as it not only helps massively with increasing revenue as well as traffic thanks to the course bonuses that you get.
7) A new camera or a new lens – I have a Canon DSLR with a couple of lenses but it’s been gathering dust ever since Mr Frugal came home with my Amazing little Olympus Pen last year and presented me with it as a get well present.
I’m now after the 17mm lens to go with mine because I’ve been told that’s the best all-rounder lens that I can get for travel.
8) Stationery will never not be appreciated – the more instagrammable, the better!
9) A subscription to Makelight which is something that Mr Frugal got for me last year. I’ve loved being a part of Makelight and have learned a huge amount about photography and my online presence this year. I feel like I haven’t got outdoors as much as I would have wanted to recently with my camera and can’t wait to get back into it once the busy festive period is over!
10) Some photo backdrops from Capture by Lucy are definitely on my Christmas list – especially the marble one.
Mr Frugal – I hope this helps you. 😉
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram