1. Miss Frugal really wanted to go to a Firework display last night but the one in our town wasn’t on this year and the only ones we knew about in nearby towns are notorious for the gridlocked traffic getting out of the areas afterwards. So instead of driving to one of these displays, we put our wellies on, wrapped up and headed to the beach with the dog where we got to watch hundreds of fireworks going off across the whole town.
We didn’t even have our usual sparklers in the garden this year but I liked last years photos that much that I thought I’d share them again. 😉
2. We always go away for the weekend at this time of year and I’m really excited that by the time you read this we’ll be on our way. We only booked it on Wednesday night and we got a lovely lodge on a holiday park with lots of facilities for £99 for three nights which we’re really pleased with. We chose the location because it’s near to Gretna Green (where we got married), the Lake District and also lots of English Heritage sites so there’ll be lots to do without having to spend much at all. Mr Frugal is super busy in the run up to Christmas at work so we like to have a weekend away around now to relax before the hugely busy festive period. Ideally we’d like to go a little later but Mr Frugal doesn’t get holidays between the middle of November and the start of January so we have to take what we can get!
3. On the subject of going away, we just cashed in our bottle of coins to spend while we’re away! We hadn’t saved a hige amount since the last time we cashed in but we did have just over £15.00 so at least it will pay for a cheeky takeaway while we’re away.
4. We made our own version of my favourite ever game – Rapidough! I’ll tell you all about that tomorrow but here’s a sneak peak….
5. I used Tesco Boost this week to buy Master Frugal something from his Christmas list which was £37 in another shop, reduced to £24 in Tesco and then free when I doubled my Tesco vouchers!
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.