Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. I’m still trying to get my garden in better shape ready for the Summer so I was over the moon when I found some plants reduced from £5 to 50p in Tesco last night. They’re currently sat on my little patio ready for me to plant in some pretty pots.
2. I bought a big pack of Daz at Tesco this week reduced from £8 to £4 which will do at least 40 washes so it’s a great deal at less than 10p a wash. I’m never loyal to products like this as they all do just as good a job as each other in my eyes so I just look out for the best deal. I’d normally buy an extra one when I find a good deal but 40 washes will last me quite a while so I’ve plenty of time to watch out for another great deal.
3. I’ve bought a pile of books from the charity shops for the kids to read over the Summer. We’ll be doing our usual reading challenge which helps me encourage them to read over the long Summer break from school and these books will be fab.
4. Miss Frugal asked for melon slices the other day as the hot weather made her crave watermelon for some reason. I bought a whole watermelon for just £2 rather than the pre-packed slices which would have cost just slightly less than that for about 20% of the melon we ended up with.
5. I saved on petrol the other day by staying at Master Frugal’s football practice rather than dropping him off and picking him up. Clearly the decision to do that was based wholly on the money I’d save in petrol by making one trip and not two and nothing to do with the fact that they practice on the field next to the beach and the weather was glorious! 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.