Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
1. Don’t judge me for this one! At our local Asda I saw someone get in their car and drive away leaving their trolley in the next car parking space so I did the good citizen thing and took the trolley back to the trolley bay. Obviously my intention was to prevent the trolley from rolling away and hitting a car and had nothing to do with the fact that there was a pound coin in there waiting to be claimed. 😉
2. I bought a new table and chairs, well not exactly new but new to us. I haven’t got it set up yet properly but here’s the photo on eBay….
I bought the set of eBay for £60 and although it needs a bit of a makeover, I do really like it. I wanted something smaller than we had and this looked like exactly what I wanted as it’s great quality and just needs some TLC. The cheapest good (ish) quality set that I could find new was three times this price so I think we got a deal on a lovely dining set that’s so much more ‘us’ than our last set!
3. I know I posted about this yesterday but it’s was super-thrifty so I thought I’d tell you again in case you missed it! Imade a homemade photo booth for Miss Frugal’s party rather than hiring one as she (rather ambitiously) asked me to.
4. I made Miss Frugal’s Birthday cake for her beach party last weekend rather than buying one and although I may have cheated and used ready made frosting, it was a lot cheaper than buying a cake (which the grandparents did for her actual Birthday on Wednesday). A lot messier too but there you go….
5. Miss Frugal has started taking bottles of water to school rather than buying them there at 60p a time. We can buy a 1o pack of water for £2 which works out at 20p a bottle so I won’t have to top her card up for school as often. When I get away with it, I refill the bottles with tap water which makes it even cheaper. 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.