Five frugal things I’ve done this week:
- Today is my last day at work until September and I honestly could not be more excited. We have so many things that we want to do and we’re planning a family conference tonight over takeaway (paid for with vouchers I earned by sharing Zeek with you all) and plan our fortnight. I used Tesco Boost and with my points I managed to get enough vouchers for a lovely meal an Pizza Express, another meal out at a pub chain that I can’t for the life of me remember the name of and a day out at Ocean Beach theme park. Not bad for free!
- It’s always difficult working when the kids are off school – not least because by the time I get home at 3pm after a day at work ready to relax on the settee, they’re sick of being at home or wherever they are and they’re dying to get out and about and do something. I find it so tempting to do something that costs money and involves less energy and effort on my part sometimes. Earlier this week though even though I was feeling a bit stressed out after one of those days at work, I took them to the woods for a lovely walk. I had been in two minds whether to take them to the local indoor activity play centre (which is awesome for kids their age) but we had a lovely time and it cost nothing.
- I got a letter saying that my monthly payments are going down because our gas usage has decreased over the past 12 months. Our electricity usage has gone up though but even with that going up we’ll still be paying less per month from this month. I’m not sure why our usage would have gone up for electricity though but I’ll think about that in a couple of weeks. 😉
- Miss Frugal has talked me into a mini car boot sale on Sunday so we’ve been busy getting things ready for that. I say a mini boot sale because we’re actually just tagging along with a friend with a few of her bits and bobs so we’ll be going halves on the stall. She just has a few things to sell to make some money for herself and I’m sure I can find some things too. We’re going to sell some of the beads we bought off a local Facebook selling site as there are literally hundreds but I have no idea how much to sell them for. What do you think?
- Remember last year when the Swimming pool roof almost collapsed on us at the holiday park we were staying at? Due to the torrential rain and the fact that we had to exit from the emergency exits, we had no choice but to walk through the boggiest field ever and you can just make out that Miss Frugal was wearing her beloved pink converse which got ruined! Or so we thought! For some reason we’d just put them in the garage to dry out when we got home and then promptly forgot all about them for a year as they got pushed under something. I found them this week and they were so dirty and smelly that I almost just threw them out but I put them in the washing machine in a pillowcase with my normal colours wash just in case they could be save. Look at them now….
And they still fit her! It’s like a whole new pair of shoes for nothing 😉
What frugal or thrifty things have you done this week?
Don’t forget to follow the ‘Five Frugal Things’ Pinterest board as I’ll be pinning all of our frugal things photos on there. You can find it here if you want a quick peak….
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address to the box on the top right of this page and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.