Anyone who knows me will tell you that I love a good list and wouldn’t be surprised in the least to hear that somewhere in early November (may have even been October) I sat down and wrote a list of Christmas crafts and activities that I was going to blog about. I had one thing to write about for ever day leading up to Christmas and I planned to fill my evenings with crafting, baking and other Christmassy activities.
But then the 1st December finally arrived and I readied myself for the marathon month of posting and suddenly, I didn’t feel like it. I decided that I didn’t want to fill my month with plans and schedules of what I needed to do and I did something unheard of….
…. I ripped up my Christmas to-do list.
(Well to be honest, I ripped it up, put it in the bin and then got it back out again as I realised some of the things on my to-do list actually needed to be done. But once I’d added them to a new list I put it back in the bin again – it’s like storming out of a room and then having to go back in to get something you forgot isn’t it?)
I haven’t blogged very much or bothered with social media (even instagram shock horror) but today I have a bit of a last minute day off and I woke up feeling like I wanted to jump right back into it all so here I am again.
Before I start on Christmas though, I thought today would be a nice time to join in with Polly’s lovely 52 weeks of gratitude post again by sharing some nice Christmassy gratitude….
- Miss Frugal and I have started a weekly date night where we go somewhere or do something on a Friday night. So far we’ve been Christmas shopping and been to Costa (twice) and sat in there with our Christmassy drinks and talked which was almost as nice as the fact that the drinks were free as I did a few massive Costa runs for work and used my loyalty card! We don’t do too much but it’s lovely to spend the time together just us.
- A week today is Christmas and I’ve been sorted for weeks other than those last minute bits that I inevitably buy.
- Instead of a boozy works Christmas party, we decided to have a cocktail and crafts night at one of my friends houses so I’m looking forward to that tomorrow night.
- My Christmas tree is looking lovely this year and I’m loving the dark nights snuggled up with the kids with the Christmas tree twinkling and the candles burning.
- There is a Jo Malone gift bag under the tree with my name on.
- Someone at work decided that they didn’t want to be off over Christmas so now I’m off all of next week instead of just from Christmas Eve.
- I’ve just read some of Miss Frugal’s Christmas cards from her friends at school and it’s clear how well she’s settled in – from knowing no one at all she’s got so many cards from her new friends and lots of them have lovely little messages in to her.
- Master Frugal’s Christmas carol concert at school was this week and apart from the unidentified object in my mulled wine, it was lovely.
- I’m filled with plans that I can’t wait to get in place.
- My man flu lasted a whole three days and seems to have left the building in plenty of time for Christmas!
What are you feeling most grateful for right now?