….Make easy peasy lemon drizzle cake! This is the most delicious cake we’ve had in a good while and the recipe is so easy to follow.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 225g butter or margarine
- 225g sugar
- 4 eggs
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 225g self-raising flour
Ingredients for the drizzle topping:
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 85g sugar
Now I know I say this about everything we make but this really super simple, everything we make is super simple as I’m not in any way culinarily (is that a word?) gifted!
- First of all pre heat oven to 180 c.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until it’s pale and creamy and then add the eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing together.
- Add in the flour and the lemon zest and mix until it’s well combined.
- Pour into a greased baking tray or loaf tin and bake in the over for about 45-55 minutes – It’s a really rough guide as it never takes the same length of time to bake when I make it! You can tell when it’s cooked because, well, it looks cooked.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, mix together the lemon juice and the sugar and spoon over the top of the warm cake. The lemon soaks in and the sugar goes crispy and nice!