As much as I love blogging, one of the goals I had at the start of 2019 was to grow, as a person and as a blogger. I enjoy what I do and I’m pretty happy with life in general but I feel like I just want more, it’s hard to explain.
Basically, I’m looking at ways to grow a little online empire that I can fit around what I already do. Here’s a couple of things I’m planning…
1) I have a super exciting (to us anyway) collaboration coming up with one of my favourite bloggers which I know isn’t going to make me a fortune but the subject is something that we’re both quite passionate about and can’t wait to share. Watch this space for this one!
2) I want to grow both my Meal Planning blog and my travel blog which is easier said than done as to do everything I want to do will take me a lot of time and it’s difficult to justify when I have so many other plans.
3) I have ideas for physical products to sell – reusable shopping bags that are stylish, fun and don’t cost a fortune for example. Sites like www.printful.com could make this one a possibility for me once I’ve had chance to work out exactly what I want it to look like as they can basically print on demand for me which means that once I have the designs set up, I don’t have to pay out for stock so I can test the waters without investing anything other than time.
4) I know it sounds really cliche but I do have a book idea and I think it’s a good one (although I get that I probably would think that with it being my idea) so I just need to find the time to write up a proposal. I’m not sure about whether to self publish or risk the rejection of sending my ideas off to see if someone else believes in them as much as I do.
5) My last idea is to share some of the things I’ve learned over the years with businesses – I’m happy to advise any blogging friends whenever they need help but this idea is to be more of a consultancy kind of service to businesses, rather than bloggers.
There are also things I want to master like Instagram and YouTube but I feel like they can be something to focus on later down the line. I could be doing so much on those channels but I just don’t have the time to really put into them at the moment. I will though…
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here. This is a collaborative post.