Today I’m sharing an essential oil roller which I believe will help with depression, stress and anxiety. It’s certainly helped me to get through the last couple of weeks which have been pretty awful with my lovely Dad passing away.
Over the last year or so, I’ve been enjoying learning a little bit about essential oils and the effects that they can have on your moods. I’ve learned that they can be energising (peppermint oil), relaxing and calming (lavender), uplifting (bergamot) as well as stress relieving (frankincense) and my homemade sleep spray using essential oils was such a success that I thought I’d take it one step further and try and make myself something that would help relax and de-stress me.
My ‘Things are looking up’ roller ball has definitely helped which is why I think it could also help with depression, stress and anxiety. I use it when I feel myself getting stressed out and upset about everything that I have to do right now while I’m grieving for the loss of my Dad. I simply take five minutes, dab some of this onto each wrist, my forehead and just behind my ears and sit somewhere quiet to let myself breathe.
I’ve always found in the past when I’m finding something difficult to cope with that taking a little time out to focus on nothing but my breathing in and out helps but with the addition of this essential oil roller, I find that the results are magnified and just a short time out doing this works wonders.
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp Avocado Oil
- 30 drops Frankincense Essential oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential oil
- 10 ml Glass bottle with roller ball top and lid
- Measuring jug (I say measuring jug just because it will have a lip that will make pouring this into your glass bottle easier – anything is fine if you have a funnel you could use instead.
(I’ve linked to the Amazon pages where you can buy the above but I’d recommend using the sort feature and going low-high as you definitely don’t need the expensive oils)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil into your measuring jug.
- Add 2 teaspoons of avocado oil.
- Next, add 30 drops of frankincense essential oil.
- Pour in 15 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Combine the mixture well, and then pour it into your glass bottle.
- Place the roller ball top on the glass bottle and voila, you’re ready to go!
- Apply this mixture when you are feeling down, to brighten your mood. Apply the oil to the inside of your wrists, your temples or behind your ears. Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
Why it Works:
- Lavender has a calming and soothing ability that will help with anxiety. It’s also great to use in a sleep spray as I did a few months ago as it helps to improve your sleep habits, and as if that wasn’t enough lavender also contributes to an uplifting of your mood. It’s also been found to be particularly helpful as part of a treatment plan for postpartum depression.
- Frankincense will help with depression, stress and anxiety by promoting a tranquil and peaceful mood.
(PS) As always, be careful spraying when using Essential Oils. This post shares a bit of information about what you should know before using essential oils.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.