Tonight was a good night – we made some sticky lemon muffins together and ate ice lollies while they cooked!
The muffins tasted gorgeous (especially warm) so I thought I’d share our secret sticky lemon muffin recipe with you….
- 225 g softened butter or margarine
- 225 g sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- grated zest of two lemons
- vanilla essence
- 225g SR flour
- the juice of two lemons
- 85g sugar
Pre heat the oven to around 190 c
- This is the easiest recipe ever – add the butter, sugar (using the 225g sugar and leaving the 85g sugar for later), eggs, zest and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl and beat it all together.
- Fold in the flour and then spoon in to your muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice and the remaining sugar together and while the muffins are still warm, spoon the juice over the muffins.
- As they cool, the juice will sink into the muffins leaving the sugar to go crunchy on the top.