These Soapy Unicorn Sugar Scrub Cubes are so cute that the kids (and you) are going to love using them almost as much as you’ll love making them!
They’re so cute and I can definitely see these in different colour schemes for other themes – different pinks for a princess theme, and some blues and greens for a mermaid theme.
I’ve been really enjoying experimenting with making different beauty products over the last year or so and the unicorn-themed ones that I’ve made are ALWAYS my favourite because they’re such fun to make and they look so pretty! These little Soapy Unicorn sugar scrub cubes turned out so well and look so pretty that I’m toying with the idea of making a batch of my toilet fizzers using a similar method just so I can have more unicorn prettiness in my life!
(I’ve added in Amazon links so you know what I’m talking about and where you can get the things you need from but really, you could probably get most of this stuff from your local Hobbycraft or similar type shop)
How to make your Soapy Unicorn Sugar Scrub Cubes
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 5-7 cubes of clear melt and pour soap (I get mine on Amazon in larger quantities than you need for this as I use it for homemade soaps too but they do sell it in smaller quantities).
- 1 teaspoon of blueberry muffin scented oil (You can buy it in this set from Amazon)
- 1-2 drops of yellow, purple, teal/turquoise and pink colourant (Or your own combination – there are so many to choose from on Amazon)
- 1-2 teaspoons of yellow, purple, teal and pink pet-friendly glitter (loads on Amazon)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 4 small mixing bowls
- 1 silicone cube mould (I have a large ice cube mould that I use for this that cost me £1 but you can get them online for a bit more)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add the sugar and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- Melt and add in the coconut oil and scented oil and whisk them in.
- Melt the soap and allow it to cool slightly, but don’t let it begin to harden. If it does, just microwave it for a few seconds. Mix in well. You may need to use your hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is mixed in. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand.
- Divide the mixture evenly between your 4 smaller bowls. Add 1-2 drops of your colours and 1-2 teaspoons of glitter to each bowl (pink in one, yellow in the next, etc.) Mix well. If you want a darker colour, add 1 extra drop of colour and mix. Be careful not to add too much colour though or it may get too wet and won’t hold together as well in the mould.
- Layer your mixture into your mould. We did about 1 tablespoon of each colour in each cavity of the mould. Layer yours however you want! Just have fun with it! Fill to the top and pack down firmly.
- Allow them to dry for at least 24-48 hours.
- To release the cubes, gently twist like an ice cube tray and when the cube begins to come out, pull gently.
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. You can find out more about me here.
Pin my Soapy Unicorn Sugar Scrub Cubes for later: