It must be a good six months since I’ve shared my monthly goals with you but with the kids back at school on Monday, I’m excited to get some routine back into my life (and my bank balance) so I thought I’d share what my goals were for this month.
I’m not one of those parents who hates the start of September because the kids are going back to school and I’ll miss them, I’m more the kind of parent who counts down the days from about the last week in August and can’t wait to get them back to school!
It’s not because I don’t like having them at home because I do (mostly) but as much as I love the laid back, mostly unplanned and routine free days of Summer, I start to crave a bit more structure as the weeks go by which is why I love the start of September.
This makes September a perfect time to get back into my monthly goals planning so I thought I’d share my September goals with you today.
September Goals – Personal
- Spend some time on my degree work because I feel like I haven’t done more than the odd half an hour here and there for months.
- Join Slimming World.
- Make time for myself a little bit more.
- Get my Mam’s engagement ring resized so I can wear it.
- Sort Miss Frugal’s Birthday out.
- Buy a bike – I’ve been looking on eBay for ages and haven’t found what I want at a reasonable price yet.
September Goals – Home
- Find a good builder who can knock a door through into our garage.
- Sort out all the storage in the garage so we can put more things in there once we can get to them easier.
- Completely de-clutter the kitchen.
- Complete the 30 day de-cluttering challenge that I started in my Facebook group – get rid of 10 items a day.
September Goals – Money
- Make an extra £1000 – a big one but I have some ideas.
- No takeaways / shop bought lunches / coffee shops.
- Post daily in the September Grocery Challenge thread that I started in my Facebook group (we like a good focus thread in there).
September Goals – Blogging
- I haven’t been to a blogging conference in years so I’m a bit nervous to be attending one this month in London. I have my trains booked and I’m all set but I’ll be honest, I’m more than a little nervous about going as I’ll only know the lovely Becky.
- I want to get my 2018 Financial Planner ready to go so I can launch it in November. I got some great feedback on last year’s planner so I just have a few tweaks and we’re ready to go.
- I also want to get a Pinterest course up and running and possibly a financial makeover course to launch on the 1st January.
What are your September goals?
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter, BlogLovin or Networked Blogs and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram.