I know this might sound a bit geeky but we have a bag in the back of our packed with emergency supplies just in case we ever break down or get stranded somewhere.
I thought I’d share my geekiness with you today because apparently this weekend is going to be ‘snowmageddon’ and it’s predicted that there’s going to be a lot more car breakdowns and stranded motorists than usual!
- A jacket or cardigan for us all – nothing fancy, just an ancient jacket of mine, Mr Frugal’s oldest jumper and two coats of the kids that are just about on their last legs. They’re only to use in an emergency so don’t suppose we’ll be bothered what we look like if we ever need to use them.
- A wind up torch – I’m sure we got ours from Ikea but I’ve seen them in Tescos recently too.
- A bottle of water – because thirsty children are not fun to be stuck in a car with! We often end up using this when we’re out and about if we don’t have drinks with us and we have a child who absolutely cannot wait until we get to the nearest shop or home.
- A couple of blankets to snuggle up under if it get’s cold.
- A basic first aid kit including headache tablets and a small amount of Mr Frugal’s vertigo medication.
- A notepad and some pens to keep us occupied if ever we do get stuck somewhere.
- Some packets of sweets, I used to keep some chocolate bars in it but I forgot that cars in the Summer get hot and the chocolate melted!
I’ll take a photo for you at some point and add it to this post but for now, it’s WAY too cold to venture outside even for you lovely lot.
Does anyone else have an emergency car bag? If not, might be worth making a quick one – even if you just take two minutes to throw some things in a carrier bag before you go out in the morning.