A couple of years ago, I used to have a regular Sunday post called Cupcake Sunday where I would bake a different type of cupcake every week and share it with you (if it worked)!
But then somewhere along the line, I stopped doing it and around the same time, I kind of forgot just how much I love baking. Don’t get me wrong, I still bake but it’s more run of the mill things like packed lunch cake for the kids or special occasion Birthday cakes. It’s the baking just for the fun of it that I miss so today, I thought I’d start again.
I only went in the kitchen to sneak the Maltesers out of the fridge while I was on my own for a while but I ended up staying and baking cakes with them instead.
Seeing as they turned our delicious, I thought I’d share them with you….
110g white sugar
50g brown sugar (you can use all white though so don’t buy it especially)
160g butter or margarine
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
160g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cap of vanilla essence
1 treat size bag of Maltesers (121g size)
Pre heat your oven to around 190 c
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Take 12 Maltesers out of the pack and set them to one side for decorating. Crush the rest with a rolling pin.
- Stir in the crushed Maltesers and spoon the mix into cake cases.
- Depending on the size of your cakes, you need to bake for around 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Ice with my super amazing chocolate butter cream and decorate with the Maltesers