I know we haven’t had much of a Summer this year but everywhere I go at the minute I hear people complaining about the weather and how cold it is (including me) so I thought I’d share my reasons for loving this time of year instead of my moans about why I don’t like it….
* I love the snuggly nights when it’s cold and dark outside and we’re all warm and cosy in the house.
* I love the rainy afternoons when you can hear the rain against the windows but we’re snuggled on the settee watching a film.
* I love coming home and being able to smell our almost ready dinner in the slow cooker (I know this happens in the Summer but it’s better in the Winter for some reason).
* I love getting wrapped up in hats, scarves, gloves and boots to go out for a walk in the cold.
* I love the snow (only when it’s freshly laid). You can’t beat going sledging with the kids, building a snowman and having a snowball fight before coming back in to have a nice hot chocolate with marshmallows.
* I love that Winter brings Halloween, Bonfire Night, my Anniversary and Christmas.
* I love New Years Resolutions which are essentially just an excuse to buy a new notebook and write a few lists to me.
* I love the January sales.
* I love that the cold days mean that we have more pyjama days watching movies and playing board games.
What about you, what do you love about this time of year?