How to do a fluffy towel refresh wash to make your towels fluffy and nice again
- Gather together all of your non-fluffy towels and pop them in the washing machine making sure that you don’t overload the drum.
- Add 1 cup white vinegar to the drawer where you would normally add your washing detergent.
- Do not add washing detergent. Do not add fabric softener. Do not pass go.
- Wash on a 90 c wash cycle (yes, I know we’re all about washing at lower temperatures these days and I’m on board with that for all washes but this towel refresh)
- Once that wash has finished, do another wash but this time add in a cup of baking powder. Again, wash on a high-temperature wash cycle.
- Dry outside on a windy day. It’s really important that you do this or at the very least pop them in your tumble drier if you have to but if you put them over the radiator or your indoor drier then they’re not going to dry as soft. Don’t ask me why they just don’t. 😉
A fluffy towel regular wash to keep your towels feeling fluffy and nice
- You only need to use around half of the recommended washing detergent for a regular towel wash. You can use fabric softener in a regular towel wash if you really want to but you don’t really need them.
- Add three tablespoons of your trusty white vinegar into the drum of your washing machine.
- Wash them on a hot wash
- Again, dry them outside on a windy day for the best results.
You can thank me later. 😂
Don’t miss out on future posts like this – receive updates directly to your inbox by email by adding your email address here and hitting subscribe. You can also follow me on Twitter or BlogLovin and I’d love to see you over on my Facebook page and on Instagram. If you’re interested, you can find out more about me here and while I’ve got your attention, if you’re wondering why some of my posts lately are a little bit less frugal then have a read of this post. 😉
Do your future self a favour – Pin ‘how to make towels fluffy again’ for later: