Have you ever wondered how to make Club Penguin Puffle cakes?
No, me neither, but when the lovely people at Club Penguin said they wanted to send us all of the ingredients along with the instructions to make some, the kids squealed and jumped up and down until I accepted their offer 😉 You see, my two are HUGE Club Penguin fans, in fact, only today we’ve had massive excitement when Miss Frugal’s penguin reached Ninja Penguin status which is a very big deal if you are 8 and 6!
Yesterday, our long suffering postman brought us our Club Penguin parcel so by half past nine we were making Club Penguin Puffle cakes (no,apparently we couldn’t possibly have waited any longer) and I’m actually quite pleased with the results. But before I show you how me made our cakes, to help you appreciate our excellent Puffle making skills, I wanted to show you a real Puffle (well a really cuddly Puffle anyway):
To make the actual cakes, melt 300g of chocolate and stir in 120g of Rice Crispies or Cornflakes. Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases and pop in the fridge to set while you lick the bowl out make your puffles.
- Using some coloured ready to roll icing, roll a small ball to make your Puffle.
- Use a pair of scissors, make a few small cuts in the top of your ball to make the hair. Try and shape the snippy bits into points (easier said than done lol).
- Make two teeny balls with some white ready to roll icing and using a dab of water on the Puffle, stick them on and squish them flat.
- You can either use black ready to roll icing or an icing pen to draw the eyeballs and a smiley face.
- Pop your Puffle on to a crispy cake and voila, one Club Penguin Puffle cake.
ADDED 26/04/11 Because some of you have said to me how much you’d like to try making these, I’m going to run a giveaway for you to win all of the ingredients you need to make them yourself. All you need to do is leave a comment below before midnight on Friday 29th April and I’ll select a winner randomly and arrange for everything you need to have a go at making these cakes to be sent to you as soon as possible 😉
You can get an extra entry if you tweet the following ‘ I want to win the Club Penguin puffle cakes with @frugalfamily – http://tinyurl.com/6xv2apx’ This is completely optional but if you do, please leave an extra comment to say you’ve tweeted too.
And the Winner is – Angela Webster.
Thanks for all your entries 😉