A few giggly girls
A million different colours of nail varnish (and LOTS of nail varnish remover and cotton wool)
Some face masks (the ones that dry and peel off like PVA glue make the most mess but are the most fun if you’re interested)
A newly purchased foot spa (bargain from the car boot sale)
Popcorn and a girly movie
Some music (apparently One Direction are ‘so last year’)
Some ear plugs
- Spend at least ten minutes choosing music that everyone likes.
- Paint the girls nails with one (or more) of the million nail varnishes.
- Wait several moments for the child to decide they a) hate the nail varnish or b) actually quite like it but think they would prefer another one!
- Check that you have wine in the fridge for later.
- Repaint the nails and continue to repeat this until the child gets bored and finally settles on a colour!
- Help the delightful children to put face masks on and then listen while they tell you that they want to lick it because it smells so nice. Repeatedly!
- Put sliced cucumber on their eyes and turn around for a second. When you look back at least one child will have eaten theirs.
- Let them use the foot spa and wait for the cries or ‘please can I have it hotter’ and ‘that’s too hot’ usually followed by ‘that’s too cold’ when you make it a degree cooler!
- Open the crisps and watch them all dive in like vultures who have never eaten before in their lives.
- Send them upstairs to let them do each others make up and stand by with make up remover so their parents won’t think we’ve been dressing up as clowns when they come to collect them.
- Allow at least an hour for them to agree on a movie to watch, even though they’re all going to pay zero attention to the TV as they will be too busy gossiping!
- Breathe a sigh of relief when the last child is collected!